If Idris University had an animated poster
@Ashton5SOS: Mums teasing my broccoli fetish :,( http://t.co/kIT6BnfJxw
Screencaps: 5SOS in London - Video Diary Part 1
- 1 box-mix of your favorite Brownies*
- 1 8-ounce block of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Raspberry Preserves
- Preheat your oven according to your brownie recipe instructions.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Following the instructions for your brownies, mix the ingredients and pour into the prepared pan.
- In a mixer, cream together the cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 egg. You may need to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to allow the cream cheese to be fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Dollop the mixture over your brownie batter.
- Using a butter-knife, cut the brownie batter into the cream cheese mixture. Drag the knife in a swirling motion from one side of the pan to the other, making sure the knife goes all the way through the batter. Repeat until the two batters have a swirling, “marble” look.
- In a small bowl, measure the raspberry preserves and then stir vigorously with a spoon to thin down the jam.
- Dollop the preserves over the brownie-cream cheese batter and then, with a cleaned knife, swirl the raspberry preserves into the batter.
- Place the pan into your preheated oven and follow the brownie recipe’s guidelines for baking times. Watch carefully toward the end to ensure the cream cheese doesn’t get too browned.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
*I love the Ghiradelli brownie mixes but any will do. You can also use a scratch-recipe.
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi
Makes 12 muffins
2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup oil
sugar for topping
Preheat the oven to 400. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Carefully toss the blueberries into the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine the egg, buttermilk, and oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing quickly with a large spoon just until the flour disappears. Do not over-mix. The batter should be lumpy. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle the muffins with 1/2 teaspoon sugar each. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400. Serve hot with butter.